Most common questions

How an insurance provider classifies a country (e.g. Europe or Worldwide) can vary from provider to provider.

You should always check the policy wording, as well as the 'Countries Covered' list, to see which countries are covered by your policy.

The 'Countries Covered' list is available after pressing 'More Details' beside any given policy on the 'Quote Results' page.

If you are getting a quote for a single trip policy, you should add the destination you will be travelling to. For example, you would declare ‘Canary Islands’ rather than ‘Spain’. That way you would only be shown quotes for policies which cover the Canary Islands.

We can search for travel insurance quotes for all ages.

However, the number of quotes offered may be limited due to age restrictions imposed by the insurance providers that we search. In some cases, you may be more likely to be offered a Single Trip policy than an Annual Multi-Trip policy.

Complete a quote to find out who can provide a policy for you.

Most policies will include details of what is covered in this situation. An example of the policy wording is as follows:

Your policy will not make any payment for any event that is more specifically covered by another insurance policy and will only pay a proportionate amount of a claim where there is other insurance in force (such as Home Contents and All Risk insurance policies) covering the same risk, and we will require you to provide details of such other insurance.

Please check your policy wording for more information. 

Yes, on an annual trip policy, anyone named on the policy can travel separately.

Travellers who are under 18 are not normally covered for independent travel but this does vary between policies. Please check the policy wording or call your insurance provider to find out.

You can complete a quote and take out a policy on behalf of another traveller. Correct information must be provided as any errors or omissions could mean that a claim could be declined.

If you find yourself or your travelling companions needing to travel on separate dates, we can still help you find cover.

You can purchase separate Single Trip policies for the different travel dates that you need for each traveller.

Alternatively, it may be more cost-effective for you to purchase an Annual Multi-Trip policy. This way travellers can travel whenever they want!

For most insurance providers, anyone under 18 needs to be on a policy with a travelling adult or travelling with a responsible adult. Your policy wording will confirm what is covered.

Some insurance providers can cover 16 to 18-year-olds travelling alone. Complete a quote to find out.

Read the policy wording carefully to make sure your young person has the cover they need.

Family policies cover:

✅ Parents/Guardians

✅ Dependants under 18

Dependents should be living at home with you and in full-time education, can also include step-children, adopted children or foster children. Check your policy wording to be sure.

You can take out a group policy if you'd like to add your grandchildren or your child's friend (who is travelling with you).

Some forms of business travel are covered under travel insurance policies for example attending business meetings, conferences or seminars. Other types of business are not covered, especially anything that involves manual work, professional sports or professional entertainment (e.g. a musician playing at a concert).

Many policies have the option to add Business Cover to your policy. This can include accidental loss, theft or damage to business equipment and additional costs for a business colleague to take your place if you are not well enough to travel.

The limits of cover vary and will be set out in the policy wording. Speak with your provider should you need to add Business Cover to your policy. 

Annual Multi-Trip and Single Trip policies can be arranged for:

✅ Individuals

✅ Couples

✅ Families

✅ Groups

An individual policy provides cover for one person only. A couple are two individuals living at the same address. A family is either one or two parents travelling with their child or up to 10 children (under 18 years) for whom they are legal guardians and who all reside together. A group is 2 or more people travelling together, regardless of their relationship, up to a maximum of 12.

Check with your insurance provider whether everyone insured on an Annual policy must live at the same address.

It's easy! Enter your details just once and you'll be able to compare quotes from our specialist panel of providers. We'll even e-mail your top quotes to you so you can access them at any time.

Once you've found the policy that is right for you, pay securely online and your documents will be sent to you directly from your insurance provider.

We will ask you a series of questions about you and your holiday. This will include, your age, your destination and the dates of your holiday. We will also ask you about any pre-exisiting conditions you may have.  

You must have a permanent UK address, have lived in the UK for the last 6 months and be registered with a medical practitioner in the UK.

All trips must start and end in the UK and you must purchase the insurance before you depart for your first trip.